It didn’t dawn on me that with sun comes sunburn. Even in April. When I washed my face last night before bed, it hurt! I’m a little burnt today. Our teacher was sick today and they didn’t get her a sub. We had two people from the district come help and the woman in charge of the paras helped as did the principal. So, amazingly we had a stellar day. We were down two kids (extra bonus)
The day was great….until I came home. Last night’s mistake of leaving the dog outside caught up to me. We accidently left her outside in the front and she got into the garbage. Daisy has never had anything other than dog food. So, her stomach wasn’t ready for the garbage can. (which she devoured). I thought she was fine when we left this morning or I would’ve had someone check on her. She pooped and threw up in her kennel. So, the kids and I had that to deal with when we came home. Daisy was good about relieving herself on one side of the kennel and laying on the other but I gave her a bath anyway.
I got all that taken care of and turned on the oven to start dinner. I didn’t check the oven because I know I just cleaned it two days ago. Someone who will be nameless because it’s not nice to bash your husband online, spilled grease all over the bottom of the oven and didn’t clean it up. As I’m changing clothes and cleaning up, the house is filling with smoke. I got that cleaned up but my potholder caught on fire as I was holding the rack up to scoop grease out of the oven.
The house smelled really bad but thankfully, it was a nice evening and I could open all the windows. I love a house with windows that open! And Savannah’s asthma attack from the smoke made her spend some time with her momma instead of sitting on her bed on her phone while I cook dinner.
Dinner turned out good and all the bad is over. Whew